Friday, September 14, 2007

whoever you are

i have a confession to make. i've been keeping a secret blog for almost a year. i've been writing with the intention to some day share it, but knowing that for the time being it was still a secret...it really chronicled the last year of my life through emotions more than actual events and as i was reading it over earlier this week...i just spontaneously erased it. it was horrifying and exhilarating at the same time. here it was: 340 entries where i poured my heart out, shared my ideas, my hopes, my fears. just as a few times a year i have a minor freak out and donate a large chunk of my stuff to thrift stores...i just donated my interior to the cyber gods. and i must report...it feels equally as good to rid myself of my blog baggage as it does to purge physical belongings. so now i have this blog, admittedly toned down, but to share with all of you...whoever you are.

2 comments:

paige said...

wow, i've almost deleted mine a few times, and chickened out. thanks for writing. i think i might come back here agin.

Teresa said...

I had a similar experience with my hard-copy journals I kept through college. I burnt them, and it felt wonderful.

I linked to your blog via your comment on Anne's Chitchat. I like your thoughtfulness and writing style.