Tuesday, May 26, 2009

student. midwife.

i've been working as an assistant to a midwife.
the experience has been incredible.
it has touched me at the core of who i am.
this is important work.


the schedule is crazy. grueling. confining. demanding. inconvenient.
i wasn't sure i could handle the commitment.
the work is fulfilling. fun. rewarding. a miracle. defining.
it's what i am meant to do.

today i'm willing stop calling myself an assistant and begin referring to myself as a student midwife.
i've never been so sure about anything in my life.
i'm truly blessed that this is my calling and that these opportunities have all fallen into place.

3 comments:

Brett Rasmussen said...

Good for you April! I'm glad to hear you are finding such happiness!

Meghan Jane said...

yes!
perfection.
whoop to the whoop!

Adam said...

lucky for me!