Wednesday, October 31, 2007

stopthinklistenandlearn

forgive me if this sounds silly, but there is a lesson to be learned from every situation. i know, i know...this is a no-brainer, but it just occurred to me last night. i've been attempting to allow myself to have structured thought, maybe you can call it meditation? but i don't just sit there and think, i need to be moving...walking, cleaning, drawing and focusing on my thoughts. by just allowing myself time to think, not just about anything, but about situations i'm faced with or issues plaguing my mind, i'm learning so much about myself...and the world around me. it's amazing what you can tune into just by slowing down, by listening, by forcing yourself to think and learn. perhaps i've been so thoughtful lately because i've only been working 15-20 hours a week and have no other responsibilities to speak of. i do however hope this is a skill i can carry with me as my life becomes more hectic.

No comments: